2017 Best Affiliate Programs That Suits Travel Bloggers
Kudos to all travel bloggers. It is not an easy task to blog while traveling and it’s even hard to monetize travel blog.
Travel blogging can generate great amounts of revenue using various monetization methods.
Here are some of the monetization methods:
- Google AdSense
- Direct ad sales
- Selling eBooks
- Merchandise sales
- Affiliate marketing***
In this post I will be talking about some of the best affiliate programs that you can use for your travel blog to earn money and I hope you make the most out of it.
Read on for the complete list of affiliate programs for travel blogs.
The Best Travel Affiliate Programs To Monetize Your Blog:
- Booking.com Affiliate Program
Booking.com is popular in the travel industry. They offer an affiliate partner programmonetize your blog/website, app and even travel agency.
- Sign-up is free
- Easy sign-up process.
- Minimum payout €100.
- Payment method is PayPal (Sign up for PayPal account).
- Offers search box, deep linking, and banner integration options.
- They have an offer-based, commission split model.
TripAdvisor is a good platform for trip reviews, recommendations, and bookings. You can source content from their website and link your readers back to the original content through your tracking link.
- 50% commission.
- Monthly payout.
- Deep linking to over 500,000 cities & hotels.
- Tiered commission structure.
Agoda in-house affiliate program is open for everyone to join, Although you must have a website/blog).
It takes about 48-72 hours to get approved.
- Up to 60% commission on margin.
- Offers search box, text links & data feeds.
- Use hotel power ads to increase your revenue by 3x.
- Minimum payout $200.
- Payment method is direct bank transfer.
- Skyscanner Affiliate Program
Skyscanner provides various options like Travel Widget. You can use this widget in your sidebar or around the content where you are more likely to have users take an action. This widget will redirect them to the Skyscanner site.
If you want to take it to the next level, you can hire a developer & use the Skyscanner travel API to build your own search functionality on your website or mobile app.
- Offers white-label solutions for offering flight searches on your website.
- Flight booking widget for your sidebar
- One of the most popular travel affiliate program APIs..
- One of the best & most detailed reference systems to help you get started.
- Supports flight bookings, hotel bookings, and rental cars.
In a referral program, you earn points or other non-monetary value which you can utilize to buy products on the same network.
AirB&B has a very popular referral program that helps you to earn decent “money” by referring other users.
You can earn up to $72 for every successful referral & a maximum of $5,000 USD travel credit per account.
- Easy to share referral link as user will also get AirB&B credits worth $18.
- Good for travel income.
- Well known name in the travel industry.
ShareASale is a marketplace with affiliate programs in any niche.
Travel Airlines such as Qatar Airways, Agoda, The Lalit Hotels, Riu Hotels, etc. are available on ShareASale.
- Payment via direct bank deposit.
- Easier to reach minimum payout than in-house affiliate programs.
- See the top performing affiliate programs in every niche.
This list is incomplete without Amazon’s affiliate program.
Amazon have an amazing reputation and will help you earn great amounts of money in no time.
On Amazon Associates program, you can link to any of the products listed on Amazon & earn money from all product.
What’s really cool about the Amazon affiliate program is you will earn money whenever a referred user purchases any product from Amazon. That is, it doesn’t just have to be the product you sent them to.
- Getting started is easy and you will find tons of guides & videos.
- Highly reputed network.
- Numerous products related to travelers & traveling.
- Higher commission as you start referring more users.
NOTE: If you don’t want to go through the stress of creating links to product, you can use Viglink to make the process easier.
Viglink is another platform to monetize your blog/website. They insert link into your site automatically.
Other popular travel website & services offering affiliate programs:
If you have not joined any of the above-listed travel affiliate programs, then you should do that right now.
I look forward to reading your tips & insightful ideas in the comments section below.
There is love in sharing, so kindly share this write-up on StackCommerce with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus!